Addendum to the Attendance Policy:
- Scheduling: The studio schedule is full. It is difficult to change lesson times once the year begins. Please keep in mind the year's activities when scheduling lesson times in the fall. A change in time may be requested, but please know that in many cases another time slot will likely not be available.
- ONE (1) Credit for absence is available for winter semester 2017. Tuition covers more than just time spent in lessons and students incur studio expenses whether or not they attend their weekly lesson, therefore a cancellation fee will be assessed to the credit. A minimum of 24 hours notice must be provided in order to receive a credit.
- Trades: ONLY if sufficient notice is given (Friday am prior, minimum), students may be able to trade times with another student in their area during a week with a conflict. Trades will be at the discretion of the teacher and cannot be a regular occurrence. No other student should be inconvenienced by someone's desire to trade times, nor should the teacher's travel schedule be disrupted. If you are trading into a spot that requires more drive time between students, you will only be given the time available, no credit or extra time will be given in these events. If you want to be eligible for a trade, you must be on the list and also willing to trade when possible.
- Vacation & Conflict Cancellations: All absences require 24-hour notice in order to be eligible for a make up lesson. Notice for known vacations and appointments is required at least a week in advance or sooner, when possible. Please do not ask that your bill be credited for vacations. See attendance policy.
- Emergency Cancellations: In cases of real emergency please contact me as soon as you are able. Depending upon the situation and teacher's availability, a make up lesson may be provided.
- Illness: DO NOT attend lessons if you are contagiously ill. Please discuss it with me as far in advance of the lesson as possible. If I opt not to teach, I will schedule a make up lesson. One illness make up is available per semester. If I arrive at your home or you at mine and you are sick, I may choose not to teach. If that is the case, you will not receive a make up lesson. Please also be courteous about other people in the home who may be contagious. If in question about whether or not you should attend, please contact me.
- Summers: Students are expected to continue lessons during the summer. The schedule is flexible and should provide students with reasonable attendance options. Students who do not continue through summer will be placed on the wait list for fall and their place in the studio will not be guaranteed.
- Storm Days: In the event that weather creates unsafe driving conditions, I may choose to cancel lessons. In these cases, I will try to notify my students as early as possible. Make up lessons during flex-week will be scheduled in these events. If the semester does not have a flex week, another time will be arrange or at the discretion of the teacher a credit may be provided. A lesson via Skype may also be arranged.
- Teacher Tardiness: I do my best to keep lessons on time, however with a travel studio this can be challenging, therefore the studio requires students to plan for a 10 minute window on both sides of the lesson time as the lesson slot. If you cannot add this buffer time, DO NOT accept that lesson time. I will contact you if I am more than 15 minutes behind. Lessons start when I arrive. If I am late beyond the lesson window and this results in your student not receiving their full time, a make up lesson, credit or extra time will be provided during the semester at the teacher's discretion.
- Student Tardiness: If a student is late or not available when I arrive, the balance of the lesson time only will be given. If a student must leave before the end of their lesson window, that time will not be made up or credited. Please do not schedule lessons too near other obligations.
- Flex/Make-Up Weeks: In the event I may have to cancel lessons, there is a week provided each semester, as well as a few days throughout, where I may make up lessons I miss. In the event I miss more than one week of lessons during the semester, a credit will be provided.
- Discontinuance: Every student will cease lessons at some point, or desire to do so. Lulls in interest or struggles with regular practice are a normal part of the learning process. Please make the decision to discontinue thoughtfully, discussing it with both the student and teacher. There are many issues which can be successfully addressed with communication. Regardless of whether it's a change in approach or change in teacher, it is important that if lessons are to end, they end positively for the student. I do require at least one month's notice of discontinuance and in order to improve my teaching, I would appreciate feedback concerning the reasons for discontinuance. You are entitled to all lessons for which you have paid, but no tuition will be refunded.